If you are worried about your health and problems that are related with your fitness, it can be dehydration. Dehydration is often the reason of many issues like fever, low blood pressure, frequent headache, irritation and even mental illness. Dehydration is also the cause of irregular bowel movements. Dehydration must be treated as soon as possible as it can lead to more severe problems in health and lead to loss in appetite and other ill effects.
Dehydration is the problem that is caused in the body when it loses the essential fluids in the body. As we know that we are made up of 2/3rd water which is responsible for performing many types of functions in the body like proper assimilation, transportation, excretion and it also helps in lubricating our joints. It is also used in proper functioning of eyes and also regulates the temperature of the body. It is also responsible for having healthy skin. When a person suffers from dehydration, his regular content of water and fluid is much reduced and this results in disturbing the exact balance of minerals in the body. This makes the body function irregularly.
If you are not sure whether you are suffering from dehydration, you must look for following symptoms in yourself:
• Depressed eyes accompanied with dark circles
• Dry mouth
• Skin drying and loss of moisture
• Sensation of thirst
• High body temperature
• Low discharge of urine and dark color of urine
• Regular constipation problems
• Regular headache
• Fatigue and drowsiness
Causes of dehydration
There are many reasons because of which dehydration occurs, especially in people of older age:
• Dearth of water in body
• Vomiting and diarrhea
• High blood sugar levels in diabetic patients that are accompanied with high urine output
• Hypertension and stress
Problems of dehydration can lead to severe effects including:
• No secretion of sweat and tears in the body
• Problems with kidneys as it finds itself difficult to excrete waste and kidneys get the probability of having stones
• It causes contraction in reflex muscles which can result loss in consciousness
Dehydration can be cured using following remedies:
• Person should drink more and more water at regular intervals especially in between meals in order to maintain proper balance of water and other fluids.
• Always keep a water bottle with you especially during summers that can be efficient in keeping normal water content in body and prevent dehydration.
• Consume fluids and liquid contents at proper intervals that are healthy and it will improve the water content in body.
• Eat such fruits and vegetables that have higher value of water content in the body like cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, radish, oranges, grapes, strawberry etc. Being low in calories and rich in phyto chemicals and antioxidants, it can help in making your aging process go slow and also improve the water content in your body.
• Go for salads and fruit salads as appetizers and in high quantity.
• Consume morning snacks and eat proper breakfast.
This article is just part of our educational sources that we want you to share with anyone that requires health advice or guidance.